Te Hiringa Trust & Business Promotions
- Te Hiringa Business Promotions Limited (THBP) formed on the 22 October 2009 is the trading and transactions arm of Te Hiringa Charitable Trust (THCT)
- Te Hiringa Charitable Trust (THCT) formed on the 17 January 2011 is the owner of the company.
- Te Hiringa Trustees & Directors live in the region of Te Taitokerau and provide voluntary-led commercial and community expertise to both entities
- Te Hiringa supports opportunities to lift and support Māori SME’s and Māori owners of collective assets. We favour a proactive approach of engagement with Māori business owners, industry sectors and regional economic interests by hosting three products:
- Te Taitokerau Māori Business Awards
- Matariki Future Makers program
- Destination Taitokerau
Trustees & Directors
Steve Bennett (Chair)Ngāti Paikea, Te Arawa, Ngāti Maniapoto
Steve is a Charted Accountant, and a senior member of CAANZ. He owns and operates his own CA firm in the Whangārei CBD. The firm has operated for 15 years, with a team of 10 and advises Māori Enterprises across a broad spectrum of business categories. Steve is a founding trustee of Te Hiringa and via his mahi in the Māori Business Community is a preferred advisor to the Ministry of Social Development and Ministry of Justice (Māori Land Court). Steve’s passion is the development and realisation of individual potential via community and social collaboration.
April EruetiTaranaki-Ngāti Ruanui, Ngā Ruahine /Whanganui Te Atihau-nui-a- Papārangi
April is a Senior Business Advisor with Te Puni Kōkiri Tai Tokerau.
Previous public/private management skills as a former Director and Chief Executive in the 1980’s, former business consultant with strong commercial sales, mergers and acquisitions, research and finance with Yeoman Ward International, NCS Pearson International Pty Ltd, AIL of NZ Ltd, Field reps Australia Ltd holding Post graduate qualifications from Auckland and Victoria Universities. April is a founding Trustee of Te Hiringa and a Director of Professionals New Zealand Asia Pacific Limited.
Solomon is a Chartered Accountant, Senior Client Manager for BDO Northland Ltd. He works from the Kerikeri office specialising in business advisory with a key focus on the Māori and the agricultural space. He is involved in numerous boards from School sporting body’s to company director.
Walter WellsNgāti Kuri, Te Rarawa, Ngāpuhi, Ngāti wai
Walter is a company director for Taura Kaha Limited specialising in professional advice and services to the government, community and private sectors. Walter has extensive background in Māori Development having worked for Te Tira Ahu Iwi (former Māori Affairs), Māori Trustee, Ministry of Education and Te Puni Kōkiri with 10 years’ in senior leadership and management positions. He is an experienced Trustee and Director with interests in Iwi Governance and Asset Companies, a Regional Sports Organisation and Ministerial appointee. His professional work experience provides widespread networks.
Natasha Clarke-NathanNgāpuhi, Ngāti Kahu
Natasha is a Senior Advisor for the Ministry for Primary Industries, currently on secondment to Te Rūnanga o Ngai Takoto for a 12-month term. A Director of Clarke- Nathan Ltd, Natasha is well-connected with the Māori community, specialising in the economic development of Māori Freehold land, economic activation of Iwi treaty settlement assets and management of funding contracts. She holds a Prince2 Project Management and Bono’s Six Thinking Hats Facilitation accreditations.