Registration – Eligibility
Your business must be a Māori owned or controlled entity
You will need to state on the application form the geographic area in which your business mainly trades. Preference will be given to those businesses that can whakapapa or have established linkages to the Tai Tokerau rohe and are trading within the Northland Regional Council boundary.
You are eligible to enter all, or any, of the categories which you believe are relevant to your business.
The award categories are:
- Best Emerging and Newly Created Māori Enterprise
- Best Not for Profit Māori Enterprise Award
- Māori Enterprise Award (employing less than 14 staff)
- Māori Enterprise Award (employing more than 14 staff)
- Excellence in Environmental Awareness and Management Award
- Rangatahi Development Award
- Supreme Award: Taitokerau Māori Business of the Year Award
For the purpose of definition, ‘Māori owned or controlled’ is determined by the ownership model and the Directors/Trustees who dominate the Board.
Closing date 1 May 2020
The entry form along with supporting documents are to be delivered by 5pm 1 May 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post or hand delivered to the Te Hiringa office:
57 Clyde Street,
P.O. Box 627,
Attention: Steve Bennett